Well, I've had my hands on the New iOS 5.0 Beta Firmware for about a week now, and I finally decided to begin researching into the Jailbreak for the firmware. As I shortly found out, the iPhone Dev Team have already jail-broken the firmware, and not only this, but they have already made the jailbreak public! Yes, the firmware is still in developer beta stages, but I thought it would be appropriate for those of you who are wondering to make a tutorial, or how to guide, into jail-breaking the new iOS 5 firmware! Check out the video below for the full guide, and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and bookmark this site for more updates in tech, especially Apple!
Notes on the Jailbreak:
- This works on iPod Touch 4G/3G, iPad 1, iPhone 4/3GS, and Verizon iPhone. DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU HAVE IPAD 2! It will not work.
- This jailbreak is tethered. You must hook the device back up to your computer every time you turn it off. I do not recommend doing this on your primary device or if you travel without a computer a lot.
- iOS 5 is already a little buggy as it is. This will make it even more buggy. I do not recommend doing this on your primary device- only if you need the jailbreak.
- This works on Mac only for now. A windows tutorial video will be uploaded soon. Subscribe so you don't miss it.
- An untethered jailbreak will be coming soon, so subscribe and stay tuned. This is the only jailbreak we have currently.
- Thanks to HockeyGiantt15 and bmxkidsofly on aim for helping me to update all of my iDevices to iOS 5! Be sure to message them and check them out on YouTube!
- Process Summary: Download Redsn0w, run once to jailbreak, another time to boot.
- Thanks for watching, be sure to subscribe and rate thumbs up for more videos!
Redsn0w Download: http://tinyurl.com/6etx8kh
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macintoshreview
Visit my Channel: http://www.youtube.com/danglekingpc
Like me on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/4tlhapz
Subscribe to my Other Channel: http://www.youtube.com/danglekingtech